Monday, November 26, 2012

Cutting Down the Christmas Tree

 
It has been a family tradition as far back as I can remember to cut down my Christmas Tree. Over the years we have had to switch tree farms. It seems tree farming is a dyeing breed. The passed five years we have been cutting our tree down at Jarrettsville Nurseries. The kids have so much fun. They love getting dressed up in Snow Gear(what ever it takes to stay warm) fight over whom wears what hat. The drive to the farm they fight who gets to pick the tree. This year the farm had planted many fields close to the parking lot. So we had to go way in the back and up the hill this year and look for a tree. I spotted one in the first two minutes looking. I was told that "it cannot be that easy we need to make this an adventure". Oh it was and adventure alright......a Good one!!! The kids ran like wild animals through the trees playing tackle and hide and seek. While my husband and I strolled in and out of the trees looking for that perfect tree. About a hour into it, I discovered a path that leads you to White Pine Trees(My all time favorite). We always go with the Fraser or Douglas Fur, this time we where going to get a Beautiful, full, and shapely White Pine. I found her this year. She was one of the tallest in the bunch. She was beautiful.....  
 
Once we paid for the tree we sat around the bonfire and had Hot Chocolate and Funnel Cake...Yummm

~Jen





 







1 comment:

  1. Great tradition! Saw you on facebook! Love your shop!
    Sandy
    www.savardstudios.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete