Thursday, November 22, 2012

Homemade Christmas Tree Craft

Homemade Christmas Tree Craft


I had a few hours to myself yesterday (very rare in my world) so I stopped by Joann Fabrics.  While browsing the isles for the latest trendy craft supplies I got an idea to make my own Christmas Tree Decor for my fireplace mantel.  

I started with the following supplies.  It all cost roughly $35.00.  Not bad for 6 trees.


Here is what you need if you want to make them
~ Styrofoam Cones Small, Medium, & Large
~ Styrofoam Balls
~ Spool of Jute Rope 
~ Raffia  Red & Green

~ Ceramic Mini Flower Pots

~ Red Assortment of Buttons

~ Burlap 24"x24" piece. (I just used my scraps)

~ Paint

~ Styro Glue & Hot Glue Gun

~ 10" x 1/2" Thick Tree Branch

~ Tooth Picks

~ Small Decorative Bows



I painted the flower pots first with black paint.  Next I stuffed a Styrofoam ball in the flower pot.  Then stuck the stick right though the Styrofoam ball and the tree.  Then I glued the Hemp Rope on and then I decorated the trees.  I then cut and glued burlap to the Styrofoam balls. Tied a bow at the bottom with Raffia. I glued a bow to a tooth pick and pushed it down the top to make the star....TaDa!


No comments:

Post a Comment